There’s a common belief that dandruff is caused by dry skin. However, this is a myth as dandruff appears on excessively oily skin, and the yeast that lives on your skin starts growing while feeding itself off of the skin’s oil. If you’ve ever faced this annoying problem, there’s no need to buy expensive stuff to cure it since there are some remedies that will help you fight dandruff without emptying your pockets.
1. Orange peel with lemon juice
1. Take orange peels and put them in a bowl. Then squeeze lemon juice in it.
2. Grind the ingredients till they turn into a paste.
3. Apply the paste to your scalp and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Wash it away with shampoo.
2. Aspirin mixed with shampoo
Aspirin contains salicylic acid which is also used in anti-dandruff shampoos. It is believed to be one of the most successful ingredients in fighting dandruff, all due to its ability to exfoliate excess dandruff flakes and prevent excessive oil.
To use aspirin on dandruff, crush a couple of aspirin tablets into a fine powder and mix it with a portion of your regular shampoo. Apply the mixture to the hair and leave it for a few minutes, then rinse it out.
3. Fenugreek seeds in the form of a paste
1. Put some seeds in a small bowl of water and let them soak overnight.
2. In the morning, mash the seeds into a paste-like substance and add some lemon juice. Mix it well.
3. Apply the paste onto your scalp and hair and leave it to dry for 30 minutes.
4. Wash it out with shampoo.